DISCLAIMER: This works much better with 25+ cool people.
- Get a big ring of dots on the wall. Provide some pens nearby.
- Give everyone a sticky note, and ask them to write three things they could use help with, related to the conference or not.
- After a few minutes, gather everyone around the big ring of dots on the wall, and ask people to one-by-one share their three things they could use help with. When they’re done, ask them to write their name next to one of their dots, and place the sticky note next to it.
- Other people who can help that person with one of the three things should write an answer on a sticky, and place it on top of the persons plea, then draw a line between that person’s name and another dot with their name on it… showcasing the connection.
- After everyone shared and listed connections… open up the room for everyone to chat with people who have answers!
- Get everyone who wants to chat it together dressed and ready to run.
- Appoint a leader who will guide the group on a 3 mile run. They must know the loop, be able to lead the pack, and be knowledgeable enough about the topic to foster discussion when its not flowing.
- Let the magic happen, and enjoy the run.
- Get a more formal discussion organized as a wrap-up, after people get a chance to get a drink or shower.
What techniques do you have to engage a big group?
Popularity: 82% [?]